ss_blog_claim=74fc74847436e77a26a5769351637ba3

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Signs of Times?


The world at present is so full of big happenings. Most of which are happenings not so pleasant and worthy to even remember. The recent being the tragic 7.9 magnitude earthquake that hit China and killed thousands of people. As an aftermath, in one refugee center alone, there are about 20,000 people who are so to say "lucky" enough to be there where there's food and medical services served. We hate to think how all the rest of the affected people not in centers, are coping up. The death toll continues to rise and it's around 40,000 now. Another equally tragic that happened in a neighboring country, Myanmar, was a deadly cyclone that was reported to have 12 feet high waves and there was just nowhere to run and hide. The latest death toll is estimated at 200,000. Plus there's a million who are in urgent need of assistance. It is a very sad and terrible news that shock the whole world. I am more concerned myself because both of these countries are close to my own native country, the Philippines.

Aside from the natural calamities that happened around us, there's also the continuing rise of gas prices all over the world. It is devastating because it affects almost everything there is, the foods, the clothing which we all know that they are part of the basic needs of men in order to survive. My family in the Philippines are telling me that very same thing is also happening there. In fact, I watched the Philippine news last night and the jeepney and bus fares are expected to increase today. On the other hand, here in US, all people are affected by this especially that all people has their own vehicles that you just can't postpone buying gas. It's terrible! I remember when I came here last year in spring, the gas prices were still around 2.98 per gallon.

We can't help but think are all these signs of times?

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Selerines said...

Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!