ss_blog_claim=74fc74847436e77a26a5769351637ba3

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oldies but Goodies


When I first got here, one of the things that my husband introduced me was a TV sitcom called The Andy Griffith Show. It didn't catch my interest at all because for one thing, it's a black and white show! I was never fond of the non-colored shows because for me they're old and they just didn't catch my attention. My husband however, told me that once I am familiar with the characters in the show, then in time I will learn to like it. Since the airing of the show is during lunchtime, we had more time to watch it. After some time, I finally got acquainted with the characters then before I knew it, I was watching it more and more and now, I simply love the show!lol We watch it everyday and make sure that we have our lunch ready as much as possible on the time it starts. My husband knows that I am getting addictive to the show that one of the presents that I got from him on Christmas were DVD's of the show.

One time we ate out in a diner and it was showing on the TV which made our dinner more enjoyable. Then some families entered and immediately recognized the show, only then I realized how popular the show is. It had eight very successful first-run seasons in the 1960's. The first five seasons were filmed in black and white and the last three were in color. We find it ironic because I actually like the older seasons considering I never did like black and white shows! The Andy Griffith Show was so successful that it still has reruns airing after 40 years. I just love all the characters as each one of them delivers their roles so well and so naturally that the end result is a very gratifying show.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love the Andy Griffith show! Especially the black and white episodes. It was a shame when Barney left though :(

drop dead chris said...

This is one of my favorite shows too!

Anonymous said...

I don't ever watch the black and white episodes, because, well I don't like black and white anything on tv... its just old... and I'm not! lmao However I still love the show :o)