ss_blog_claim=74fc74847436e77a26a5769351637ba3

Monday, May 19, 2008

Babuns


The extra ordinary friendship-sisterhood between four women. Although sometimes have similar attitudes, most of the time are distinctly different. Four women who have gone through thick and thin. Almost a decade of friendship but felt like it's been a lifetime. These four women, which by the way includes me, have and will always stay connected eventhough new chapters and circumstances in life separate us.

It all started in our junior year in college. We had the same classes. Erica and I became friends because I found out that she's from my Mom's hometown. She then introduced me to Jean who wasn't too crazy about me at first because she thought I'm a snob!lol After she finally knew me, we met Jeanny and the four of us just clicked and before we knew it, we hang out more and became closer. After a while, we decided to call our group as "Babuns". It all began when Erica and I were in our Math class. It was starting to get boring so Erica found a writing on the wall which said "Baboon ka!" which means "You're a baboon", in English. She found it funny so she pointed it to me as if the writing was directed to me! From then on, it became a joke between the four of us so we decided to call our friendship, Babuns (we just changed the spelling to be unique).

Each of us are close to our own families that whenever there's a party or occasion of one, all four of us are present. Having said that, each one's family know all of us and has become like a member of each family, if that makes sense! Time passed by and Erica got married and went back to the province. Then Jean went to another country for a job. That left Jeanny and I in our beloved city. We tried to see each other as much as our work would allow us. Although last year, I had to leave to get married and be with my husband. So at present, we're all far away from each other but still manage to keep in touch as much as possible. We all know that distance and time can never separate us forever. The Babuns spirit always stays in our hearts.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: