ss_blog_claim=74fc74847436e77a26a5769351637ba3

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Acquaintance

When my husband and I did our usual grocery shopping a month ago, I was eyeing a woman that looked like a Filipina who in return was looking at me as well. Then when I was picking up apples, she was also there and we had the chance to talk and exchange information. I asked her where she's from and she said from the Philippines and so I gladly said that I am too. I asked her in what part of the said country, her reply just made us both surprised because come to find out, we came from the same hometown! It's just a tenth of a million probability to bump into somebody in a big country such as the US and to actually find out that you both came from the same country as far as the Philippines. Before our acquaintance in the mall, she also met another Filipina in the same mall and actually established friendship eversince. In our recent trip, I also happen to met quite a few Filipinos. The southern states just have more percentage of Filipinos (among other nationalities) because of the warmer climate which really felt like I was just in the Philippines. Here in our area, I learned that there's only 0.1% or 95 Filipinos according to the Indiana Census.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: